Anyhow, back to the point. All of a sudden I feel like I am getting BIG. I finally got a Bella Band- a hosiery contraption designed to hide that lovely crescent of skin that peeps out from below the ever-shrinking shirts I wear- and it is really great. Now, Ella no longer walks past and then stops to reach up and snatch my shirt down to cover "The Baby Brother."
Here's a goofy looking picture I took of myself last week sometime. I was about 26 weeks at the time, I think:
Other than that, a little back pain, and general exhaustion, I have to say this pregnancy has become rather pleasant. Josh and I are both really excited, not nearly as scared as we were Round 1, and Ella has been really fun about it. We keep forgetting to talk about "the name," but we've pretty much decided, I think. Probably. Maybe. But it's a secret.Josh has been gone all weekend :( so I have been all alone with Ella-Bean, although I farmed her out to Gigi & Gus yesterday, so I could get some studying done. She had a fabulous time, of course, and was sad to come back home with boring old mommy.
This morning we braved early mass together, and thankfully, Popi was there, too. Ella was not loving Deacon Ted's lengthy homily, and let out an audible "Aaaahhh" in the middle, as in "Come on, already!" I had to turn the other way I was laughing a bit. The innocence of a child and their brutal honesty is something I'll never lose appreciation for! So in the tradition of her honesty- I'll show you what gets us through each week: a crayon roll I made her (along with a curious george color book and selected recycled printouts)
And, because I thought the little felt dog applique' was too too cute, here's one I made for Ella's little BFF:
Well, I guess I'll get back on task, technically, I am "studying;" read: eating a Ritter Sport, drinking a ginger ale, and blogging - so, while I still have time to get some real work done, I will :)





2 comments:
love it! Great job on your new blog! Look forward to seeing more of you :)
I love these crayon rolls thing. They came out so pretty. Did you find instructions on-line?
Post a Comment