Monday, February 18, 2008

Celtic Woman


My dad scored some tickets to a really neat concert, and he took me along for the show! It was Celtic Woman, a group of, well, celtic women, that have angelic voices and one spunky little fiddler. Or violinist, I suppose.

The music was just incredible! It's the kind of show you watch, and then it makes you wish you could sing, too. And then, your three year old tells you to stop, and you get back to normal, only singing in the shower or in the car with the volume up a couple notches too high to drown out the sound of you.

So, back to the Celtic Woman show: They were all these beautiful women in full on bridesmaid dresses, and really it was just neat :) I'm glad he took me along with him, I'd have never known about them otherwise! Plus, I like the spunky one's hair, I think I'm going to try for that "style" next time I get my hair did...

I highly recommend the show, if you ever get a chance to see them! The only drawback was really more to do with the facility; I spent the ENTIRE 20 minute intermission on line for the "ladies room," and, did I mention said line was actually on a stairwell? Yeah, 7 months pregnant on a 6inch step for 20 minutes = not fun... Plus the woman behind me was insufferable. It was one of those times when you accidentally make eye contact, and then they talk and talk and talk. You know? I mean crazy stuff, like guestimating the average time for each woman to pee, taking into account whether they "zip while they're in the stall or wait till they get out of the stall" and then counting the number ahead of us in line and multiplying for the most accurate estimate of how long we'd be there. Oh, it was really something. I don't know about you, but sometimes you just stand and wait your turn, and you're done when you're done. And now I'm done.

No comments: