So, I'm afraid we've created a monster. Ella has the worst of both Josh and I in her first thing in the morning. It's really kind of scary. She hates to wake up, which she gets from me. So getting her out of her bed in itself is a challenge. We started this thing where once she gets out of her bed, she can lay in our bed and have a milk, watch "Monkey George," and wait until we are ready to dress/feed her. But now, she has also taken on Josh's tendency to be a little "sassy" in the morning (sorry, babe it's true- I'm Grumpy, you're Sassy).
Like this morning, I got her out of her bed, carried all 40 pounds of her on top of my giant belly into my bed, and laid her down all snuggled up with the whole bed to herself, giant down comforter nested around her, sounds nice, huh? Well, she just sanps "I need some milk now mommy." and then rolls right into "I NEED to watch my cartoons now mommy, can you turn them on?" Ugh. As if I want to hear her little smart mouth first thing in the morning telling me what she "needs?"
I guess I don't altogether dislike our routine, she's really cute sometimes, and always good for a nice cuddle in the morning. But wow. And really, doesn't it only get worse? I know I did...
Growing up Girly
On a more positive note, we did up her "big girl room" right after Christmas, and I know she'd be proud to show it off to all of y'all who have yet to come over and see it:
Whale Patrol
Other than that- I have been trying to find ways to keep the blubber level down this pregnancy, I even went so far as to buy a YogaMommy DVD at Half Price Books. And yes, it is still in the bag somewhere in our office, but I plan to start tomorrow. hahah But, I have been walking aerobically around campus, and trying not to lay around like a giant slug this time. So far, I dont really think it's working, but hopefully the lenten season will not only prove to be a good thing for my soul, but my body as well. I decided instead of giving up candy bars or some trite thing like I usually do for about 17 of the 40 days, I'll try to focus on actually taking care of myself, and of course The Baby Brother. So, we'll see how it goes. But- that said, you can bet your little bunz I'll be at Frank's Country Store gettin' some fried fish every Friday :)
And for good measure, because I really like when people post pics with their ramblings, my favorite picture to date from Frank's...

And if you haven't ever been, you need to go. The food is great, ESPECIALLY the chicken plate, in fact Ella thinks the place is called "Chicken Frank's." And every Friday at dinner they serve fried catfish and shrimp, and during lent they have it at lunch, too. ( I know, I called and checked last Thursday). So here, to give you a head start:




5 comments:
I had to delete my original post because it didn't come out right. :(
I love Ella's big girl room - very cute!
And crazy girl, you look NOTHING like a whale...you are one of those cute and skinny pregnant people...all belly. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)
Nikki, you look great and I love Ella's room! I'm so excited, I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy has gone by. I mean...for me!
I love that you're blogging now! And I just wanted to say how much of a big girl Ella is looking these days! She looks all grown up!!! How do they grow up so fast?
Thanks for the tip on Frank's! I think we're going to do the Fish Fry at STA this Friday night..but maybe next Friday we'll go...looks like a great community dive!!!
Post a Comment