Friday, March 20, 2009

Time Flies

Ladies and -who am I kidding, ladies, we have an official 4 year old! Her birthday was this past monday the 16th. Although, we have taken a page from Aunt G's book and she has really been celebrating all week. Monday she had a breakfast date and then a coffee (well, coffee for mommy) date with a friend, then lunch and ice cream with extended family, a free for all at WalMart, from which we returned with a new fish among other things. Later was her choice of dinner and a chocolate cake!
She has been really fun, and very excited about #4, more than 3 for sure.
She did have her Dr checkup, where she did all kinds of fun tests- the vision, hearing, it was so so cute! I wish I had taken my camera, seeing her in that little room, perched on the chair with her curly pigtails and those giant headphones on was so funny...
She's still tall, I know, are you shocked, too? She soldiered through the 4 shots with not a tear, although, she did decide she would pass on having her ears pierced. :) She said "We can just go to the mall and buy some ear piercing another day, okay?"
So that's about it, she has been really fun lately, she is really changing. There is not much baby left, which is sad but she has such a fun and lively personality it's hard to dwell on that! She is sharp and witty already, which is more scary than anything. She has "wicked eyebrows" according to my mom, and uses them to the full extent of her ability.
She loves loves her daddy and waits for him to get home every day, even if she plays it cool when he does walk in. I think it is so funny to see her yelling excitedly that "Daddy is home!" and then he will walk in and she will barely look up...
What else can I tell you? She loves to fly her kite, ride her bike, drive her barbie jeep/golf cart/go cart, play with her new puppy (a live acting toy), and read read read. All books Bernstain Bears, Franklin, Max and Ruby, and Diego and Dora are for her!! And Cheetos. And baking, she's a great help in the kitchen, most days :) In fact today we are going to make some cupcakes, so wish us luck!! I'll leave you with some pics, some even have Kyle in them! Shocking!

2 comments:

Erica said...

That is so awesome..she is too cute and I hope we get to experience some more of her personality! I cannot believe it has been 4 years.. way to go MOM and DAD!! She is a beauty and so grown up..it happens so fast! Love the book list..great idea! Happy B-day Ella!!!

Unknown said...

Birthday weeks are the best! I'm glad she had such a good week!