Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hello darkness my old friend

I'll just let you know now there are no pictures in this post. You can go ahead and click away now. Now that that's out of the way- I am sitting in the kitchen at midnight waiting for the cookie bars Josh suddenly remembered he needs for work tomorrow (today?) to bake. Although I am proud that I came up with the cookie bar idea, which are a one time bake, as opposed to the requested cookies, which take at least an hour and a half to make and then bake in batches. Plus, the dough has no eggs in it, so I scooped out a tiny bit- Okay, a big girl bite- and had a late night sneaky snack.

The recipe is really easy, and kid friendly- in case you want to give it a shot: Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I have been feeling a little funky this week so far, you know- fever, snot, crabby - the whole nine. But I have high hopes for tomorrow and even promised my friend (and myself) I would be at the gym at an ungodly hour tomorrow. And I will. I will. I will.

Let's see, what else can I cover.. hmm.. We had a fun weekend going to some friends house a little ways out of town. The drive was really nice and the people were really fun. I love getting away for super fun get-togethers like that. I hadn't laughed that hard or been that goofy in a long time. I even lost a tiny bit of coin in a bean-bag tourney. My partner and I participated in a match that might possibly qualify for the Guinness Book of Records in that it lasted longer than any game has ever lasted before. Mostly because we were all so terrible, nobody could score a point. It would have been wise for us to start awarding points for "closest to the board" - I would have said "hole," but same difference for us...

Anyhow- My timer just went off, so I can go make a cookie plate and hit the sack! Yay! I wanna be on top of my game for the early morning butt-whoopin' I'll be getting tomorrow. :)

Much Love

No comments: