Ella watches cartoons every morning while mommy gets brother, backpacks, lunch etc. ready to head out the door. And I'm not ashamed! Well, lately she decided she prefers Nick Jr. cartoons to the PBS cartoons. Which is fine by me, I really don't mind them. at this point they all make me wish I couldn't hear.
Along with the cuter, more exciting cartoons on Nick Jr. comes commercials. Finely crafted vehicles for the transfer of anadulterated desire for whatever plastic hunk they are hocking. The first time I took notice was at the grocery a couple weeks ago, and Ella requested "Danimals," which to be honest I didn't know what on earth Danimals was. Apparently it is highly colored yogurt, that comes in little tiny cups adorned with bright happy labels. You know, healthy stuff.
And then, we went to TJ Maxx, and were perusing the toy section, when she started actually singing the theme song to the Barbie tattoo commercial! She knew the whole thing!
Ach, so I have been crafting careful responses to her requests for everything she sees, but man it sucks!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment