Monday, October 27, 2008

How To

A detailed guide to the ultimate Jack-o-Lantern.
First, three year old will design the aesthetic, determining the mood, feeling, aura, and general artistic vision to be executed. 


Then, proper materials and resources must be gathered.

Never mind the pumpkin patch, we needed a place you could get a pumpkin, milk and candy. 

And, since we are pretty "kuntry," we used a serving spoon, a drywall knife and a dog's shedding blade. Yeah, I had to look up what the loop is called. Josh is the dog groomer 'round these parts.


Then, we got to work. Ella drew the face on with a Sharpie, I cut a little, Josh cut a little, Ella refused to touch anything, my mom stood by watching, bemused. Finally, after Josh gave up and went to the backyard to do something in the backyard, I convinced Ella to get her hands dirty and hep me clean it out. After 3.2 seconds she went in to wash up and I finished cleaning it and cutting the face out alone.


It took me a while to convince her to be photographed with it, then she decided she was hot and needed to help daddy fix the sprinkler system, so she threw on her 'kini. I mean, it was 85 degrees out.

Only in the south, huh? 

No comments: