
The thing is about as tall as Ella, the little tiny culvert/hole at the bottom is about 5 inches in diameter, and the little tiny notch/trapezoidal weir at the top is about 7 inches across by 6 inches deep, and the rip-rap/rock path is about a foot wide. The large gouges out of the earth on either side of this drainage fixture, where the water actually passes, were obviously the work of mother nature.
I imagine it's one of those things where a mom sees their kid's science project out on the table after they've finished and gone off to bed, realizes its unfortunate state and inadequacy, and then tries to subtly make changes in an effort to at least save face for the chid. Like in this case, I'm sure the parking lot doesn't flood- not because whoever designed/built this thing did their job, but because the water flows out around the marvelous thing.
I just love seeing things like this. It makes me laugh and then I get mad, because really...
No comments:
Post a Comment