Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spitballs and Bagels

Okay, my pretties, I know it has been a long time since I hacked around on here- Sorry! What can I say? I am in demand... namely in the confines of my own home, but a girl can dream, no?

So, what's new with us. Ella has developed some new skills lately. She has also become extremely fond of bagels, which is kind of random, I know, but she asks for them all the time so I figure it's worth mentioning.

Spitballs- her new passion. She has always adored playing with straws, and in spite of the constant warnings of my own parents that she'd likely poke her eye out, I let her play. They're free! How much better of a toy can you get?! And you can grab like 20 at a time at restaurant, and nobody cares. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the perfect toy.



Anyhow- hubby introduced her to the wonderful world of rolling and thumping them, which makes a huge "pop" sounds- which of course she loves. She calls it "napping" the straw. Then, the ultimate- she learned how to blow bits of bagel/bread/danish/napkin through the straw, usually into mommy's face or in my hair... She adores this. So anytime we are out to eat, our table is a blur of crinkled straws, popping sounds, and flying of carbs. That's just how we roll...

2 comments:

Therese said...

Oh that's lovely! :) What is it with kids and straws?

Mandi said...

ahh...yes Morgan is very good at spitballs...thanks to his brothers!! Funny to see a sweet girl doing it!