Friday, March 14, 2008

Making Way for Coffee Cup!

Well, I have come to the stark realization that in less than 60 days we are due to have another little one in our home! YAY! and HOLY CRAP! all at the same time. I am so excited I can hardly stand it, and at the same time a little sad that Ella will have to share the limelight. She's just so fun! Anyhow- We are finally getting ready for baby.

I was just thinking today as I was wiping down the carseat-to-stroller adaptor, and all that stuff that has been gathering dust for two years now, that at this point in my pregnancy with Ella I was ready at any moment for baby's arrival. This time, however, we would be in a lurch! Obviously, I've got a couple things to finish up before he makes his grand entrance wink, wink.. and we are totally convinced he'll be almost as late as Ella was.

So, in order to feel fully prepared, I went online and ordered the cutest little cotton set for his "coming home from the hospital" outfit, and a matching hat (which will likely never touch his head) and I feel much better now. The carseat came a couple days ago via my old pal the UPS man - we're cool like that since he stops by about once a week. The baby has shampoo and a crib. No sheets yet, much to Ella's dismay, but the bedding should be here this weekend YAY!

And that, ladies and gents, is how we've prepared. I'm not sure if we'll need Newborns or 1's so I haven't bought diapers (Walgreens is open 24 hours, right?) and my mind cant handle any more than that.

This weekend, Ella turns three- and she is just as happy as can be that it is her birthday. All she wants are "roses and flowers." And then she's usually quick to add "and cake with pink frosting, and probably some presents." That's more like it, huh? I'm sure she'll get everything she wants, we're having a tiny "party" for her. I think it's still a party, we invited the ten or so people she sees most in her life to all show up at the same time for lunch and sweets, and that's going to be it. To her, it'll be the best party yet, I'm sure :)

Well, I know, this has been the most boring post ever. But cut me some slack. We've been ill, and I'm on spring break.

Much love!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! and HOLY CRAP!


Priceless.