Seriously. I tempted fate by posting that pic of the shopping cart stuck on my car.
On Saturday I started off having a great day. Ella was at her Mimi's for a sleep over, and I never realized until she wasn't here how fabulous sleeping in is. I'm used to her dragging in screaming screeching and yelling at me to get her some milk and turn on her cartoon!! ech, I digress.
So I left big Josh and litte Josh and headed to town. I did some errands and shopping, yet another lady asked me when my baby is due (um, 6 months ago) I got to visit my dad and run by the grocery. I got home in time to get ready and go to a baby shower and Josh realized I had not brought home the meat and beans he requested for his man-gathering. Well, I bought the stuff! Call HEB, Josh has to go back and pick it up as I was getting ready to go. ugh.
So it's time to go, Josh's buddies were very gracious and did the obligatory "you look nice" thing, and I almost forgot the pregnant thing. I suddenly remembered that a guy had flagged me down in town and told me I had a breaklight out. Silly me, I thought he was going to rob me, but then I remembered I was in MY car. Any-who.
I decided to take Josh's truck, to minimize the probability of getting a ticket since that seemed on par for the day. No ticket, but I was called out of the party when one of the neighbors backed into the truck! Seriously! Luckily it wasn't bad, but it did kill off any semblance of a festive mood I had, thanks to the yummy bellinis.
So, I returned home, plopped on the sofa, had a Bud Light, chips and watched a bit of football. Who was playing? No clue.
I think as much as I need it from time to time, spending the day withOUT the kids hanging off me throws me a bit off kilter...
As I type this Josh is likely at the repair shop dealing with his truck. Oops.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, Nikki! You had a packed, fun-filled day... and seriously, someone really asked you when you were due?? People... next time you have a day like that, give me a call and we'll go to La Bodega or something! :)
You don't look pregnant at all...that's so weird.
Post a Comment