Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cheesecloth Ghost

Well there was ZERO room for discussion regarding Ella's Halloween costume this year. No, not a princess or fairy or ballerina. A ghost. No- correction- a "scary ghost, that scares people."

I make no secret of the fact that I mildly despise Halloween. I don't think its a holiday, and generally view it as an inconvenience with little reward, I mean really- who needs a bucket of candy and plastic spider rings? But Ella was super excited this year, and our neighborhood did have a kickin' party, so we worked on making her the perfect ghost costume.

Last week at the grocery I was looking for a melon baller, and it hit me - cheesecloth! So easy, and cheap! So two packs of cheesecloth we cut, and carefully draped it over her, and even made a long "hood" with carefully placed eye and mouth holes as per the ghost herself.

She wore it intermittently thru the night, and I think it was perfect because it was easy to get on and off, and she wore her cute Halloween outfit underneath... anyhow, I think I am going way too into detail here, so heres a couple pics



No comments: