Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Prefer the Term "Vintage"

I was telling someone the other day that when I am finally done being 22 (sometime in the next couple of decades), I'd prefer the term "vintage" to old.  I do like old things though. Maybe not as much old things, as basic things. 

Y'all know we just moved, and I STILL cannot figure out how to work the timer on my stove. It beeps this one tiny little beep that you have to be standing in the kitchen to hear, and that's it! Well, my old (cheaper) stove had that nice repetitive fog-horn timer, and there was no missing out on your cookies or casserole or shrinky-dinks being done. Not that we ever did shrinky dinks, I would love to find some... but that's beside the point. So, my counter looks like this: 


Anything look a little off? Could it be the $1.00 wind up timer I use in place of the exquisitely engineered Whirlpool Gold oven controls? Hey, the thing rings loud enough for me to hear, and It never cuts my oven off before the food in it is done cooking. I love it. 

My other favorite as of late, is the ancient camera I stole out of my dad's coat closet. It is an old Minolta 35mm camera, and it takes such wonderful pictures! 

I don't even mind the trek to Walgreens to have the photos burned to a CD, or the fact that I need another stroller to push this monstrosity around it. Because, let's face it, I am WAAAY too cheap to purchase a comparable digital SLR. I am recently re-discovering the joy of taking pics of my kids because, well, to be honest, I have time!  

Hopefully I'll have some decent pics of the kids to show you at some point here. My digital Canon is great in that it fits in your pocket, but the pics it takes are not really blow-up and frame quality, and that's what I love. I am not much of a scrap-booker. Although that might be fun, too... 

1 comment:

Therese said...

Do you want to borrow the instruction manual to the stove? ;)