Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mega Post, formerly known as: Butterfly Garden Gameday

Well, the Aggies are off and running this season, very exciting- I love how the whole town starts to buzz on gameday. I like it even more when I actually get to leave the house, but that's okay, I'm not bitter. While a small posse collected and shipped out from our house yesterday, destination: Kyle Field, the kids and I got ready for more of the same. We watched a movie, painted our toenails (Kyle excluded), went for a walk and bike ride, and finally planted some plants for the "butterfly garden."


Ella the shopper, after buying "Butterfly Plants" with Mimi

Just so you know, Ella only fell off her bike a couple times, but managed to land in the grass, which Kyle thought was awesome and proceeded to fling himself into the grass every few steps until mommy told him he could either fall down in the grass OR hold mommy's hand, but not both. I'm so happy to report he chose to hold my hand. I love his squishy little sweatty hands. So sweet.

So I realize (or rather have been told) that I am leaving out a huge chunk of familial activity. Basically the last year. There's just no way that I can go back, but I'll give you some of the recents!
About a month and a half ago (or so) Josh and I went to Minnesota for a wedding of some friends. This is essentially the last of the weddings from this particular group of friends. Josh has been tight with them since tee-ball, and somehow they've all managed to stay close, and we do a few get-togethers each year, generally centered on eating outdoors, beanbag tournaments and drinking copious amounts in an effort to forget we are all 30 years old. Well, not me, I'm the young one.

Anyhow, long story short, we went to St. Paul Minnesota and stayed for 5 days. It was - well, eerie to be honest. We didn't really have much to do so we basically bummed around and haunted the same bar called Bulldogs- but we preferred to call it "Mad Dog 20/20's" because we are mature like that- and ate. The boys had a few things to keep them busy, getting tuxes, playing golf, etc, and Della and I hung out at the Hilton Garden Inn, drove around, got pedicures at the worlds most ghetto nail shop by these hilarious ladies. We had an enjoyable time, and basically our itinerary was "1. show up at rehearsal dinner, 2. go to wedding."

Anyhow, the wedding was quite nice and the reception was beautiful. despite some hicks making the DJ play In Spite of Ourselves. Okay, it was us. But we really love to dance to that at weddings! Here are some fun pics from the patio at the reception.


Della and I


Josh and I (and Laney)


Boys Being Boys


Pulled it Together

Before the wedding, we had gone to the Woodlands Resort for our annual summertime trip. We love that place, it is so close and easy and a great vacation. We went this year and met Josh's entire extended family for a reunion they put together every other year. It was a lot of fun to see everyone.



And of course Laney, our sweet little pink piggie. She's so great and easy, just eats and hags out, sleeps and eats. The kids are as in love with her as we are, and I can't imagine we hadn't planned on having a third-



We Gals


Just the Three of Us

1 comment:

Julia said...

I can only hope for such a smooth-sounding family transition ;) Congratulations again to you all!!! :)